MiniTrends Conference Speaker – Raj Asava
CEO, Asava Consulting, Inc.
Raj G. Asava is the Chief Executive Officer of Asava Consulting, Inc., a management consulting firm focused on creating value, delivering results and enabling growth for its stakeholders. As a thought leader and strategy practitioner, Raj guides clients in the public and private sectors in the development and operationalization of their organization’s strategy.
Raj led organizational units to optimum performance by leveraging information technology, strategic planning and knowledge management strategies. He has co-authored Planning Guides and published Book Reports on the topics of Strategic Business Planning and Enterprise Agility. He speaks frequently at industry forums, and his papers have been published in leading business journals.
Born and raised in India with over 35 years of work experience in the United States, Raj has worked for leading organizations such as Dell, Perot Systems, Satyam Computers, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Electronic Data Systems (EDS), General Motors, Chrysler Corporation, Computer Task Group and held the position of President at two start-up organizations. A Harvard Business School case study highlighted his work at EDS where he led the company to quickly establish an Information Technology solution center in India, and rapidly grew it into an integral part of the company’s global delivery organization.
Raj is an alumnus of the Central Michigan University. He also holds management program certificates from Thunderbird American Graduate School of International Management, and the Harvard Business School Publishing/Universitas 21 Global, a Singapore-based Online Graduate School.
He is passionate about giving back to the community, and currently channels his time and resources in a focused manner through the following causes:
- Board Member on the Dallas Division of the American Heart Association (AHA), and member of the International Committee of AHA
- Founding Advisor of Pratham Austin Chapter, and Advisory Board member of Pratham Dallas Chapter
- Board Member on the Indian American Friendship Council, Texas State Chapter
- Board Member and President of the Association for Strategic Planning, Dallas Fort Worth Chapter
- Member of SMU’s Cox Associate Board — a 35 year old prestigious elite board composed of “C” level individuals designed to assist graduate students
- Distinguished Fellow at the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD)-Jindal School of Management; member of Mentorship Board; Chief Mentor of UTD Consulting Club; Advisor to GLEMBA Executive Council
In his free time, Raj enjoys working out and actively participates in a variety of sports like golf, basketball, tennis, table tennis, and bowling. He also enjoys traveling and an occasional game of poker and bridge.
- Strategy: Business and Information Technology Planning
- Process: Design and (re) Engineering
- Consulting: Assessment, Workshops, Facilitation
- Mentoring: Leadership & Entrepreneur Development